Bari is our first stop on our Roadtrip in Puglia.
Bari is very nice as a first step but we do not recommend you to stay there too long!
We arrive from Marseille and we will stay there Thursday and Friday which makes us 2 nights and 2 days teleworking.
We slept in an Airbnb near the train station which is a relatively nice area. Overall, from the train station to the city center, Bari is very clean and nice.
To work, we teleworked from this café
Bari is the capital of the Puglia region.
The town is very nice with a historic old town full of charm.
In the evening, the inhabitants walk around the city and around the castle.
You can eat the famous Orecchiette cime di rapa (a type of dough in the shape of ears with a sauce with turnip or broccoli shoots) and the classic Pucce.
What to do and what to see in Bari?
As in many cities in Italy, churches, basilicas, cathedrals are worth visiting in Italy.
- Basilica of San Nicola in Bari
- Basilica Cattedrale Metropolitana Primaziale San Sabino
- Stroll through the streets of the historic center
- Strada delle Orecchiette: typical street to go buy the typical Orecchiette pasta
- Castello svevo di Bari: The castle of Bari which is a meeting place where the locals land at the end of the day
- Via Sparano da Bari: very nice pedestrian street from the train station to the old town
- Piazza del Ferrarese
- Eat local specialties
- Arco dei maravigli: One of the many arches to discover
What to eat in Bari?
As in all of Italy, we eat well.
- Pucce: sandwich with a typical bread and you can compose your sandwich with cold cuts and cheese it costs between 2 and 4 € depending on the type of cold cuts and cheese chosen
- Focaccia: Pizza with tomato sauce and mozzarella closed on itself fried or not. We love it!
- Orecchiette cime di rapa: Ear-shaped dough with a green sauce with turnip or broccoli shoot. It's special but you have to test (about 8€)
- Vongole pasta: Seafood pasta mainly with clams cooked in oil and white wine. It's unbelievable!
Where to eat in Bari?
- La nonna Maria delle Scagliozze (polenta fritta): To eat fried polenta Italian specialty
- Pucce in many local grocery stores (Salumeria): you will find very good ones. We had eaten in the grocery store which is at the Arco dei Meravigli
- Osteria Le Arpie : a really good restaurant we highly recommend pasta a la Vongole at home
Next stop on our itinerary in Puglia:
After Bari we took the direction of Monopoli by train for a journey of 30-40 min for 3,40€
- ✅ Prepare your Roadtrip in Puglia
- ✅ Stage 1: Bari la ville dolce vita
- Step 2: Monopoli the favorite 👈 city
- Step 3: Polignano has mare the most impressive city
- Step 4: Ostuni the wonderful white city
- Stage 5: Valle D'itria by bike Alberobello and the discovery of the Trulli
- Stage 6: Lecce, the city of churches
- Stage 7: Otranto and its unmissable hike
- Step 8: Taranto, the city remained in its juice
- Step 9: Matera, the city that has survived the centuries
Feel free to comment or join us on Instagram @jeanmichelvoyage
🌎 Let's travel together
- Latin America: 🇵🇪 🇧🇷 🇲🇽 🇧🇴 🇦🇷
- Europe: 🇧🇪 🇩🇪 🇫🇷 🇵🇭 🇳🇱 🇦🇹 🇭🇷 🇮🇸 🇮🇹 🇮🇪 🇬🇷 🇬🇧 🇪🇸 🇭🇺
- Asia: 🇮🇳 🇭🇰
- Africa: 🇸🇳 🇬🇳 🇬🇲